- Wear your retainers as Dr. Sheer has instructed.
- Take your retainers out when eating, and always put retainers in their case! (Most appliances are lost in school or restaurants).
- Clean retainers thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush. Brushing retainers removes plaque, and eliminates odors. Efferdent or other orthodontic appliance cleaners can be used, but do not take the place of brushing.
- When retainers are not in your mouth they should ALWAYS be in a retainer case. Pets love to chew on them!
- Initially, you may find it difficult to speak. Practice speaking, reading or singing out loud to get used to them faster.
- Retainers are breakable, so treat them with care. If your retainers are lost or broken call us immediately.
- ALWAYS bring your retainers to your appointments.
- Keep retainers away from hot water, pockets, the washing machine, hot cars and napkins.