We look forward to meeting you on your first visit to our office. Your first orthodontic treatment visit is complimentary and Dr. Sheer will complete a thorough exam of your teeth, bite and jaw joints. He will explain his findings, make recommendations on how to correct your specific orthodontic problem, and answer any questions you may have. This visit will determine if this is the proper time to begin treatment.
Generally, orthodontic patients will fall into one of these three categories:
- Active orthodontic treatment is necessary and can be started in the near future.
- Benefits of early treatment for those patients who have clear indications for early intervention.
- Influence jaw growth in a positive manner
- Harmonize width of the dental arches
- Improve eruption patterns
- Lower risk of trauma to protruded upper incisors
- Correct harmful oral habits
- Improve aesthetics and self-esteem
- Simplify and/or shorten treatment time for later corrective orthodontics
- Reduce likelihood of impacted permanent teeth
- Improve some speech problems
- Preserve or gain space for erupting permanent teeth
- Recall examinations; checking on the patient from time to time as the permanent teeth come in and the jaws and face continue to grow until necessary treatment time is reached.